- by Martin Kaba
- on Tue Aug 25, 2009
VirtualBox 3.0.4 is a maintenance release of VirtualBox 3.0 with Gaming-Level Graphics released about 2 months ago. The changelog of VirtualBox 3.0.4 is a long list of adds and fixes;
VirtualBox 3.0.4 adds;
- new GUI: added a VM (Virtual Machine) option to display the mini toolbar on top.
- a Solaris Installer: added package dependency for Python and Python-devel.
VirtualBox 3.0.4 fixes;
- 3D support: fix memory leaks when terminating OpenGL guest applications
- 3D support: fix crash in Call of Duty
- Shared Folders: fixed selection of a drive root directory as a shared folder host path in VirtualBox (Windows host only)
- Mac OS X hosts: improved support for Snow Leopard.
- X11 guests: fixed screen corruption in X11 guests when large amounts of video RAM were allocated.
- X11 guests: some fixes when switching between host and guest-drawn mouse pointers.
- Linux hosts: fixed problems leading to wrong colors or transparency in host windows with some graphics drivers
- Linux and Solaris hosts: Work around color handling problems in Qt
VirtualBox is a cross-platform, open source, general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware.