June 26th, 2013
- by Martin Kaba
- on Thu Jun 18, 2009
For Windows, Mac OS X, Linux: Desktop virtualization application, VirtualBox announced the release of a major update, VirtualBox 3.0 Beta 1.
New features added in this major update include:
- Guest SMP with up to 32 virtual CPUs (VT-x and AMD-V only)
- Windows guests: ability to use Direct3D 8/9 applications / games (experimental)
- Support for OpenGL 2.0 for Windows, Linux and Solaris guests
Added to theses are bug fixes for
* Virtual mouse device: eliminated micro-movements of the virtual mouse which were confusing some applications
* GUI: redesigned settings dialogs
* Shared Folders: sometimes a file was created using the wrong permissions
* Shared Folders: allow to change file attributes from Linux guests and use the correct file mode when creating files
* Shared Folders: fixed incorrect file timestamps, when using Windows guest on a Linux host
You’re advised Not to use this VirtualBox Beta on production machines.
VirtualBox 3.0 beta is released under the GNU General Public License