If you’ve gotten yourself entangled in Facebooks privacy traps and seriously want to know those privacy settings have to be disabled but are currently enabled on your Facebook account, then use this handy bookmarklet from ReclaimPrivacy.org
Facebook Privacy Scanners does six different checks, as shown in the screenshot above.
- If the Facebook user has opted-out of the Instant Personalization feature.
- If all of your personal information is restricted to your friends or closer.
- If all your contact information is restricted to your friends or closer.
- If all of your friends, tags, connection information is restricted to your friends or closer.
- If your Facebook friends are protected from accclassentally sharing your personal information.
- if you have blocked all known applications that could leak your personal information.
ReclaimPrivacy Bookmarklet certainly does a good rating of your Facebook exposure levels but more is needed to get a really locked down Facebook account. If your Facebook friends are not privacy aware like you a lot of your personal information will still be exposed to strangers.
ReclaimPrivacy Bookmarklet Rates Your Facebook Exposure Levels