LibreOffice 4.1.0 Update comes with many Improvements
For Ubuntu, Windows and Mac. The first Beta for LibreOffice 4.1.0 is now available for the Linux platform. This Beta comes with many new features and tons of bug fixes. LibreOffice 4.1.0 BETA can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.0, but not run simultaneously.
Changes in this beta include;
- Writer: Images embedded in writer can now be rotated easily in 90 degree increments
- Writer textframes now support having a gradient as background
- Writer: The comments bar can now be easily toggled with a button in the ruler.
- Writer: On Windows, modern IMEs show their suggestion windows at more easy-to-read position
- Writer: Improved Footnote and footer comment handling
- Writer: Comments to text ranges can now span over multiple paragraphs
- Calc: added Support for embedded fonts in .ods file format
- Calc spreadsheet: now Counts the number of selected cells
- Calc: Import large HTML documents with more than 64k table cell – fixed
- Impress: It’s now easier to create slideshows from a series of pictures with the “Photo Album” feature
A list of complete changes can be found HERE.
Download the first beta release of the upcoming 4.1.0, for evaluation. You are not recommended to use LibreOffice pre-release builds on production machines. Builds are available for Windows, Mac and Linux system. Ubuntu users should also be aware of this bug.
LibreOffice is released under the GNU LGPL License, by The Document Foundation.